Ripped from the Travel Notes of Little Red

Lao Tzu:
Little Red, a good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.
Little Red:
We don't have a fixed plan, Tzu. Bahala na da si Batman.
Honestly, I don't even have an intention to leave my bed just as yet.
Nami pa gani magtulog p'ro...zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake me up after 5 minutes, ok Lao?

Monday, December 26, 2011

Siquijor Via Dumaguete

Early this December, my sister and I went along with our cousins and their girlfriends to Dumaguete. One of my cousin’s girlfriend was to attend a wedding there, and the rest of us went along to check out the place. The plan of the group was to just roam around, enjoy the place, food and whatever experiences that Dumaguete has to offer. Then suddenly someone remembered that Siquijor is just nearby, in fact it’s less than an hour away from Dumaguete City by boat. So then it was by unanimous decision that Siquijor was to be included in our itinerary.

The day after we arrived in Dumaguete, we took a quick trip to Siquijor. It was low-tide when we arrived, so what you see here is the seabed filled with sea grass. It's quite a refreshing sight for me since where I live the sea grass is not this quite abundant when the tide is low.


It takes a minute or two of walk from the ferry towards the gateway of the wharf, but our group took a longer time because everyone was busy posing and taking pictures left and right.


I thought to myself, if this was what greeted us when we arrived, what more are in store for us as we explore the island? I had a feeling that I wouldn't be disappointed, and I was right. 

Low tide reveals clean white sand on the left side of the wharf

No comments:

Post a Comment